• Call Us: +1 604-485-5115
  • hello(a)cambercollege.com

Frequently Asked Questions 

We have collected the most commonly asked questions below. Do not hesitate to call or e-mail Camber College office if you have any other questions, we will be happy to assist you.

What is the weather like in Powell River?











Powell River enjoys a mild west coast climate. It is rarely too hot or too cold. Snow is extremely rare.

How can I get to Powell River?

Powell River is 174 kilometers from Vancouver.

By Airline | Pacific Coastal Airlines flies directly from the South Terminal in Vancouver to the Powell River Municipal Airport www.pacificcoastal.com

Bus to Sunshine Coast Connector www.sunshinecoastconnector.ca

By Car | If you drive here, the trip can take five hours, and you will take two ferries. Ferries run from early in the morning to the evening.

Our travel advisors are ready to help you find your perfect match. Please write us via www.cambercollege.com/contact

Do I need a visa to come to Canada?

International students who wish to study in Canada may need a visa depending on the country for which they hold a passport. Camber College does not decide who needs a visa and who doesn’t. The Canadian government decides who needs a visa to visit, study or work in Canada.

For more information, please visit : www.cic.gc.ca/english/study

How do I enroll in a course?








Register Today! It’s easy to complete our online enrolment form at www.cambercollege.com/enrollnow

If you would like to apply with an agency, please email one of our marketing staff depending on where you live:

Europe  | clas(a)cambercollege.com

Japan    | hiromi(a)cambercollege.com

Korea    | korea(a)cambercollege.com

Can Camber College assist with my flights?

Flight tickets are usually not included in the course price, but we would love to help you with your travel arrangements. Our travel advisors are ready to help you find your perfect match. Please write us via www.cambercollege.com/contact

Do I get a diploma or certificate when I finish?

Yes. Students who complete their classes and attend at least 3 months receive a Certificate of Camber College. Students may also get additional references if they complete the Camber College courses successfully.

How much does it cost to come to your school?

The costs of studying in Camber College depends on the course and the level of study you choose. Your tuition fees are payable before you study. You can use the Course Search on this website to find courses and see details. www.cambercollege.com/courses /or download Pricelist

What happens if I cancel?

Please,  check our refund policy for details: Conditions of Enrolment

How many students from my country go to your school?

We are very proud of the international blend of students that we have at Camber College. Please, contact us via hello@cambercollege.com  for up-to-date nationality ratios.

We celebrate all cultures and learn from diversity. We find ways to communicate our cultural heritage. We are open minded, reflective and caring about all cultures.

Does Camber College arrange activities?

Yes. Surrounded by nature, you will have the chance to discover one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. Camber Collage has an Activities Coordinator who arranges after class and weekend activities.

Our programs is a combination of English with sporting, social, touristic, and cultural activities.

Are there any other choices besides homestay for accommodation?

Yes. You can rent a room but we highly recommend to stay with a home-stay family. Homestay Program is a great opportunity to learn about Canadian culture and practice English as part of a local family.

How can I do laundry in the Homestay?

Host Families may offer to do your laundry once a week and free of charge. Alternatively, they will allow you to use their washing machine. If you need assistance in using the washing machine, please do ask your Host Family as they will be more than happy to assist you.

How can I go to school from my Homestay?

Three are three travel zones in Powell River. You will pay different prices, depending on who you are and how far you are travelling.
• Zone 1 is for travel within the city.
Adults and college students: $2
Seniors and students $1.75
• Zone 2 is for travelling in rural areas
outside the city.
Adults and college students: $2.50
Seniors and students: $2.25
• Zone 3 includes Texada Island and the
cost of ferry fare.
Adults and college students: $6
Seniors and students: $2.75

Should I apply for a medical insurance in British Columbia?

You must have medical insurance during your stay in British Columbia. We can arrange your medical insurance, please contact us  via www.cambercollege.com/contact

Can I get a job in Canada?

You must have a valid work permit to work in Canada. For more details about work permits, please visit ‘Citizenship and Immigration Canada’ website www.cic.gc.ca/english